The statistical information presented on this website refers to Spain. The total market cap of the Spanish Real Estate, for year 2022, is ~5.2 billion € (long scale, 1012):
|Market Cap (f)||(Nul × Rp) + (Ful × Up) + (Hp × Ha × D)|
|Total market cap||5.203.322.496.120 euros|
|Spain total area||506.006.730.000 m²|
|Non urban land (Nul)||485.443.830.000 m²|
|Average rustic land price (Rp)||0,98 eu/m²|
|Free urban land (Ful)||4.506.630.000 m²|
|Average urban land price (Up)||151 eu/m²|
|Average housing price (Hp)||1624 eu/m²|
|Average housing area (Ha)||96 m²|
|Number of dwellings (D)||25.953.055|
Data base access
- Github explorer ➞ View the data before downloading.
|Files (available in 2 formats + metadata)||Access|
|Comma Separated Values (.csv)||Download|
|OpenDocument Spreadsheet (.ods)||Download|
|Metadata descriptors (.json)||Download|
Charts are currently shared in .png format.
- Charts sitemap ➞ Collection of all the 37 charts published in the site.
As a rule of thumb, the data are updated quarterly. In any case, the last update date can be consulted in the header of each indicator post.
When dealing with current year data, the figures shown are an annual projection using the already available data (months, weeks...). Because of the seasonal nature of some variables, the annual projection is seasonally adjusted when suitable.
The content is based on data from multiple statistical institutions. All are reproducible and can be verified by consulting the sources in each indicator post.
► Collection of other interesting sources not used (Expand for details)
- Eurosystem Balance Sheet, ECB: Link
- Euro Area, Monetary aggregate M3, ECB: Link
- Euro Area Indicators Trading Economics: Link
- Global debt database, IMF: Link
- Housing Report, Bank of Spain: Link
- Housing in Europe, Eurostat: Link
- Local building permits, MITMA: Link
- Mortgages stats, Asociación Hipotecaria Española: Link
- New housing stock, MITMA: Link
- Price of farm land, MITMA: Link
- Urban Atlas of Spain, MITMA: Link
- Wage distribution, INE: Link
Notes and contact
This website is an open, public, and free project that can be entirely forked through github. All content is original and can be reproduced as long as it is conveniently credited. You can contact me via twitter, @Galetaire.
This website has been built using GitHub, Vercel and Next.js. A Reddit site is available at → spainhousing.reddit.com.